Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Come-Unto-Me Days


For me, this has been a lovely 'Come-Unto-Me Day.'

This morning I'd planned to run my errands early before full sun, to beat the heat, but then God went and changed my plans and great intentions.

He said, " No, instead, come unto Me... rest... heal... and listen..."

I love it when that happens.

So I dropped all my plans and I've been hanging-out with God upstairs in my pink room overlooking old houses all day... reading... lying back on my pillow.... watching tv.... listening to the silence... learning... and healing from little hurts (like those from Monday when I broke the news to my parents about Tom's plans to take that CA job....argh... you'd have thought they thought I was still 17...clueless... unable to hear from God... But let's not go there...).

... and mostly I have sensed during these hours that a whole new phase of my life is just up the road a little ways... and I am excited. Two years ago I heard that, too, and that new phase became this blog (and nothing has been the same sense!).

Of course, the temptation is to sit here and try to figure-out just exactly what God's new phase for me will be. But no, no, no... If I often pray about anything, I pray that I will stop trying to figure things out, and instead, will become a better listener to the One who has everything figured-out already. My poor old head appreciates listening's much more peaceful way, of that I am certain.

Come-Unto-Me Days... They are vital and I hope you have those, too... I hope you accept each invitation to a Come-Unto-Me Day fluttered down from Heaven. I come away from them refreshed, renewed and ready for upcoming adventures--even when I have absolutely no idea just what those adventures will be like.


***

"Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]" ... Matthew 11:28

No comments: