Sunday, April 09, 2006

Upright? Or Mostly Just Uptight?


...Heh...

I'll keep this post simple--simple words creating simple pictures.

I think, as Christians, we have certain choices. We can, like Holy Ghost Commandos, approach people while gripping our Bibles like machine guns, shooting-off rounds of our beliefs and strategically-aimed-scriptures (to prove we are right and on the winning side) and then pop-pop-pop-pop-pop blow people away...

--or--



We can be more like farmers walking the fields, spreading scriptures, like seeds, from firm, yet gentle hands... relying on the God of the harvest to cause the seeds to grow...

And we can be like sowers of birdseed, too, creating seed-scattered paths which draw others forward, hungering for more of what we have scattered.

Just something I've been thinking about this morning... And I'm wondering if people--and God-- see me as being upright--or mostly just uptight? Am I leaving behind more bullets or more seeds? It matters, you know...


***
"The tongues of those who are upright and in right standing with God are as choice silver..." Proverbs 10:20

No comments: