Thursday, February 02, 2006

School Of Life


In our cozy-escape room last night, Tom and I watched a good movie called, School of Life. And ok, it wasn't the next Gone With The Wind. But if you are always hunting for films which remind you that each of us do, indeed, leave imprints upon other peoples' lives, well, you may like this movie.

It starts a little slow, a bit predictable, but give it time. And it's only PG, so there's not a lot to worry about there. I liked it even though, lately, I've totally switched movie genres. I went from 40 years of watching sappy sentimental stuff straight to murder mysteries and suspense thrillers. (Tom has been like, "What have you done with my wife?") There's a reason for this switch, but that's a whole other post.

But School of Life, for me, was well-worth the trip back to sappy sentimental. The reminder that we influence others' lives for good or for evil, was certainly worth the trip back. Because we do make a difference, you know. We can't escape that fact, though heaven knows--sometimes we try.

School of Life gets a Debra Thumbs Up.

No comments: