Friday, February 24, 2006

It's Good For Me...


Lord, help me to remember it's good for me to not always get what I want.

It's good for me to give to someone else what I wanted for myself, including encouragement, friendship and support.

It's good for me to do things which are impossible for me alone, but are possible only with Your help.

It's good for me to not fear making mistakes as long as I continue to learn from them and grow in wisdom.

It's good for me to be kind to others even when I am in a bad mood. It's good for me to be kind today, to never put it off until tomorrow.

It's good for me to push beyond my comfort zone.

It's good for me to show mercy to others if I want to receive mercy for myself.

It's good for me to carefully choose my words. It's good for me to listen more than I speak.

It's good for me to give away money and things to the needy even when I am needy, myself.

It's good for me to invite people to my home even though people have not yet invited me to their home.

It's good for me to forgive.

It's good for me to let others go ahead of me in line.

It's good for me to live always prepared to give a card, a prayer, a smile or a simple word of encouragement.

And finally, it's good for me to totally fling myself upon Your ability because in my own strength, I could never do any of these things on a regular basis.

No comments: