Sunday, February 26, 2006

Even Though He Slay Me...


It's like I've been skipping rope around Blogland, knocking on doors to see if anyone wants to come out and play, but the doors do not open because so many people are weeping inside. They're feeling sad and confused and angry, too, even throwing dishes and books at God.

I have one verse which has pulled me up and held me and helped me down through the years... Immediately in bad times my heart runs here:

"Even though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him..." Job 13:15

For me, it all comes down to that. There is no place else I can go other than there where I have also found these:

"Even though He doesn't always make sense, yet will I trust in Him..."

"Even though the newspaper is covered with tragedies, yet will I trust in Him..."'

"Even though I get sick sometimes, yet will I trust in Him..."

"Even though the Earth shakes and floods and blows apart, yet will I trust in Him..."

"Even though I'm unjustly accused, yet will I trust in Him..."

"Even though horrible things happen, yet will I trust in Him..."

"Even though those closest to me pass away, yet will I trust in Him..."

"Even though all people advise me otherwise, yet will I trust in Him..."

So now that secret is out...

And more than ever before in these years where it's one thing after another, I have made-up my mind, I am standing firm, unshakable on those truths above...

...and on this, too........"Let God be true, and every man a liar." (Romans 3:4)

And sometimes in this Life, that's exactly what it takes to make it through. Sometimes, anything less will lead to drowning by way of tears... or drifting away to scarey places from where it's so very hard to return home.

No comments: